What Is an Esthetician?
Most people have heard of an esthetician, most aren’t sure what exactly an esthetician does. An Esthetician is a skin care specialist, usually focusing on the facial area. Estheticians work to help their clients improve their facial appearance without using invasive surgical procedures.
Your first visit to one of the trained estheticians at Esthetics by Gilla will consist mostly of an evaluation of your skin care needs. We will closely examine your skin, identifying areas of improvement, and discuss what treatments we can use to help you look your best and feel good about yourself . We’ll talk with you about your individual needs and goals, and can make personalized recommendations based on your individual skin type, preferred care regimen, and overall goal.
What services does an esthetician offer?
Our Estheticians can offer a number of different services, based on your individual needs as a client.
- Facial massage – A facial massage helps improve texture and tone of your skin by enhancing your circulation and blood flow, while simultaneously relaxing the facial muscles. This can help the skin appear more firm, bright, and vibrant. A healthy skin is a beautiful skin after all.
- Facials – we offer a number of different facials designed to cleanse, exfoliate, tone, treat and moisturize the skin. Fine lines and wrinkles ease as we treat your skin with a variety of our signature facial treatments; when performed in a series, your esthetician will gradually increase the strength of each treatment, progressively improving skin’s texture, tone and youthfulness with each facial. It can also help to correct imbalances in your skin tone. Facial treatments are our esthetics specialty in Ottawa.
- Galvanic facials – this is referred to as a non-surgical facial. Using a mild electrical current to stimulate a better functioning of the deeper layers of the skin to stimulate Collagen building cells by 62% for firmer, stronger and younger looking skin.
- Microdermabrasion – this non-invasive treatment exfoliates away dead skin cells to reveal a softer smoother complexion; this chemical free treatment draws out impurities and eliminates acné and skin breakouts by reducing pore clogging bacteria and restoring skin health and clarity. The abrasion action helps remove fine lines, reduce the appearance of wrinkles, eliminate acne scars, and lighten up age spots.
- Chemical peels – these advanced skin care treatments are ideal for clients who wish to get rid of acne scarring, or treating a pigment disorder; it is also the best answer for aging skin or a skin affected by sun damage. Our formula will work even on clients who have sensitive skin, or conditions such as rosacea.
This is just a small sampling of our specialty services. In addition , our trained estheticians can also offer you advice about the best cosmetics lines to meet your expectation , as well as help you with eyebrow grooming and hair removal. We also offer permanent makeup and corrective cosmetics.
Why do I need a professional esthetician?
A professional esthetician has been trained, and must pass a rigorous examination in order to become licensed. When working with clients, it’s important that your esthetician is adequately able to communicate with you and understand your needs. It also takes skills and training to correctly achieve the desired results from any treatment. Most importantly, however, professional estheticians receive training on the various methods of treatment, and the equipments used in those treatments.
Professional estheticians also learn to recognize skin problems that may require professional medical treatment. Some skin conditions may get worse if treated incorrectly, making it more important that you only allow a professional to treat your skin. In some cases, an esthetician may even have received medical training in dermatology as well. When you visit a professional esthetician, you’re in “good hands”, you enjoy your visit, as you know that you are being treated by a professional who will use the utmost care and knowledge in order to help you achieve the results that you want.
Perhaps the most important
How can I combine esthetic services for best results?
One of the advantages of visiting a professional esthetician is that it allows you to combine multiple services in order to achieve more striking results in a short amount of time. Depending on whether you’re simply looking for an enjoyable spa-like experience or preparing for a specific event such as a wedding, the professional estheticians at Esthetics by Gilla can help you best combine services in order to achieve the results you want. A few of the service combinations that we recommend include:
You can ask your esthetician for more recommended combinations.
Are esthetician services only for women?
Absolutely not! Esthetics by Gilla is proud to offer select services specifically tailored to our male clients. This includes facial care that includes a shoulder and neck massage in addition to the traditional cleansing and exfoliation, treatment mask, and hydration. We also offer hand and foot care that has been specially tailored to the needs of our male clients. This includes callus removal, massage, exfoliation, and nail trimming and shaping .
Do estheticians only focus on skin?
No! Here at Esthetics by Gilla, we offer full-body services as well. These include body sugaring, a technique pioneered by Middle-Eastern women in order to remove body hair naturally and nearly painlessly. This technique has a number of advantages, most notably long lasting results, and hair removed at less than 1/8 inch. Our trained estheticians have more than 19 years of experience in performing this technique.
We also offer traditional waxing services at our Ottawa location, including:
- Eyebrow waxing/Sugaring
- Chin waxing/sugaring
- Facial waxing/sugaring
- Body waxing/sugaring
- Bikini waxing/sugaring
- Brazilian waxing/sugaring
- Full body waxing/sugaring
We use a unique Brazilian wax that sticks only to the hair and not the skin, making it a nearly painless experience.
We also offer Swedish massage therapy in order to help you leave our facility feeling relaxed and rejuvenated. This style of massage has been proven to not only relax your muscle, but can also help relieve pain and heal injuries by stimulating blood flow to the area. Getting a massage can feel like a mini-vacation, particularly when used in combination with some of our other many services.